What you need to know about your auto insurance coverage (Part 2)
Blake Anderson Blake Anderson

What could be more fun than a post about auto insurance, right? Well, if you own a car, there might be some things you want to look at your auto insurance policy. This is the second of a three-part series on auto insurance. In part one, we took a look at the liability section; part two deals with personal injury protection; part three covers collision, comprehensive and the add ons.

Part II: Personal Injury Protection

Now we get the sensitive subject everybody likes to fight about - personal injury. Most states (maybe all - I haven’t personally checked all 50 plus U.S. territories) require a certain level of PIP. Personal injury protection pays for medical claims and possibly some other things (lost wages, services are two) for you and your passengers if you’re injured in an accident. Things to consider on this are your health insurance coverage from other sources and the high cost of out-of-pocket medical care. My insurance covers lost wages and also ‘essential services.’ Essential services is stuff like paying for someone to clean your house if you can’t do it.

Medical payments is the other item to discuss. As the name implies, this pays for medical care if you’re injured. Something to note is that your level of coverage applies to each person

That’s it. Short lesson today. Take the rest of the day off.

  • VIA
  • Blake Anderson
  • TAGS